Thursday, October 09, 2008

Run Forrest Run - teil eins!

I haven't blogged in a very long time. Maybe I won't for a very long time...eh!

Anywayz...

It was about a year and a half ago that I blogged about my treadmill assembly ordeal. I used it for say a month or so and then it just sat there. I was getting no exercise and my wife's excellent culinary skills and my never-ending appetite ensured that my waistline grew at a very healthy rate. No bail out required there.
Last fall we went to this beach on a nice sunny day and there was a trail there for you know some lightweight trekking/hiking whatever you want to call it. I saw couple of these kids race by me. Well, I wanted to keep up with them. The thing is my waistline and ego don't really know each other. I would say it was 50 feet before I lost sight of the kids. I was puffing, panting and cramping. Damn! I thought to myself, how out of shape am I? Pretty bad....

Running wasn't fun at first. The first time I ran on my preciously-assembled treadmill I felt sick. My legs hurt and I was out of breath. I needed help. I joined a gym and signed up for some pretty expensive 1-on-1 training sessions. Weight loss industry is a multi-billion dollar industry and this was my check for them. :) I was paying someone to kick my butt and get me back into shape. It was hard but I started seeing results. Now there was no running there but I was encouraged to do cardio on the days I wasn't training. It must be the pain I was enduring during training because I was able to run and it didn't hurt as much.

Rambling to be continued...

No comments: