Friday, October 10, 2008

Run Forrest Run - Teil zwei!

So on with my rambling...

There is this cardio test you get done at your gym. I did...It costs me about $175 but what the hell. I strapped a heart rate monitor across my chest and ran on the treadmill for about 15 mins; with an oxygen mask. The works...After the end of this test the computer spit out a bunch of stuff. Tells me how fit I am; what zones I need to train at; a program for the next 3 months.

Now there is nothing that has worked better for me than this. All I had to do was stick to the program and I did. I was able to run more and faster. And...I was losing weight as well. Ah, how nice! Well, it wasn't all peachy and sunny! I first hurt my back doing weights but then *really* hurt it after running on a train. That hurt! Like bad! I didn't train and run for a whole month and got therapy for couple weeks. I got better. Started running again...then I hurt my knee, no therapy but my doctor said it's all good. Then hurt my feet; tendinitis apparently. That went away with some stretching...

So here is where I am now with my running -
1. I run close to 6 miles/hr but that is the most I have ever run. 6 miles. :)
2. I run 3 times a week and I always stretch before and after my run. yay!
3. My right knee started hurting earlier this week. Sucks! I got an appointment to meet a therapist at my desk. Will see how that goes...

This sunday is the chicago marathon so this blog is no coincidence. I hope I am able to train next year; not get hurt; stay focussed and run the chicago marathon. Well, maybe start with the half-marathon first.

As for my waistline, it has reduced. I am not where I was planning but I am definitely not where I was last year same time. Running is high impact and I am a little worried. How about little swimming? :)

No comments: