Thursday, December 07, 2006

I found books...

Yes, as I had suspected I was not able to continue writing after the few initial posts. Well, they are mostly rants so let's just leave it at that. So yes, it ain't easy to continue writing. At least to write something you want people to actually read. :) How do professional writers do it? Well...that is why they are paid the big bucks while I am scribbling away on cyber space.


Few months back we moved from the city to the burbs. I hated the idea and made sure it was not hidden from anyone. Yeah, I can be a real jerk sometimes. I didn't want to move away from the cool Chicago downtown to the burbs. I dreaded the train ride to work everyday. City living was hip although I never did anything cool. Oh well...So we moved and I dreaded the train ride even more. I thought it was such a waste of time. But I started doing something I have hardly done in my life and probably would have not done but for my 45 minute train ride to work...Read books. Oh I did read before but everything online. News, history, sports everything from web. I still think reading on the web is good but books are really more personal. I have read some great books...yeah, all the favorite ones in my profile are so so recent. :) Now I love my train rides.

And the moral of the story is - drink less coffee during the day so that you don't have to stay up late and write about your new found respect for books on blogger! Ugh!

No comments: