Thursday, December 21, 2006

Blame...a game we all play!

I have read somewhere that there are two types of people, the ones who take responsibility and the ones who don't. The ones who don't take responsibility blame others for everything. Blame the government for economy, blame politicians for corruption, blame the employer for your dissatisfied job and so on. So...how does it help? Other than a temporary relief nothing!

So although I have a good life there are few things that are quite not where I want them to be. Well, we all do else we would just be one big happy world. How bad would that be? :) I have my own excuses for many things. For instance, I put on extra pounds in the last couple of years and I blame it on my wife's superior culinary skills. She of course thinks I am lazy but I decided to stick with my excuse. It gives me temporary relief. Sure does. Excuses...excuses...But that's not good. If I stop giving excuses and be responsible about it I can have a healthier life. That is just one example of my tardy excuse. But who is perfect huh? Argh! Another excuse.

History shows that people who have done great things did it against all odds. They don't blame anyone. Sam Walton's Made in America is a great book. No blame games. He knew what he had to do. He had many problems, many hurdles but he overcame them and now we have Walmart. History does teach us many things.

So what blame does is lead you away from the actual objective. We lose sight of what we really set out to seek. We now have excuses, somebody to blame and we feel much better. Ah...gain without pain! But don't get me wrong. Sometimes there are assh**** who deserve every blame you throw at them but the blame game needs to go. We are now a society playing the blame game everywhere.

So how do I change? A positive attitude? That can help. Ah too vague. I can get that from a cereal box! Well, I think taking responsibility and shedding the ego will surely help. Taking on responsiblity doesn't mean we fuc*** up in the first place. It shows we are mature enough to handle the situation and we believe that we are problem solvers! We should be a society of problem solvers and not blamers. Ego...drop it.

Well, I will only know if I can if I try. And I am going to...

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go" - T. S. Elliot

1 comment: