Thursday, March 12, 2009

Tendlya!

Last week was what I would call perfect! It was my daughter's first b'day and we had some friends over at our place for a party. It was great to have everyone over and we had a ball!

And...4 of my friends from school days (elementary to high school) were here as well with couple more from college. Wow! I don't think we could have planned a better reunion - it was mostly unplanned. Couple of them made last minute plans to come and another one happens to be in Chicago for work now.

So Saturday night after the party crowd was all gone and the guys went to the basement for some pool, foosball, drinks and yes, Cricket! India vs NZ ODI. India wins the toss and elects to bat. As we sit down with our drinks, shooting the breeze, Tendulkar and Yuvraj display one of the most scintillating batting I have seen in a while (mostly because I haven't watched a lot of cricket lately - mostly following commentary online..sigh sigh).

As the game progressed, Tendulkar gets better and better(u bet) and one of my friends says "dude, this is too perfect. We couldn't ask for anything better." I agreed. It was like going back in memory lane. See, we grew up watching and idolizing the cricket God Tendulkar. (There was a time, I would turn off the TV as soon as Tendulkar gets out. Well, probably the right thing to do considering there was a time when he was the sole contributor to the team.) So to sit there with my buddies from school and watch him at his best was yes, PERFECT!

On a side note, there were several changes; a few being, legal drinking age, receding hairline, "beer belly" and a bunch of kids walking/running/crawling all around!

To Tendulkar! Thanks for making a great reunion, truly remarkable!

2 comments:

kautilya said...

yep! we've grown with him... all these years.

I wud choke a little, the day he retires; but i have been wanting him to go for a while. the reason? i don't want him to go on a bad note. last few seasons, he was very close to doing that..

anyways..his last 160 odd blew on my face..

Unknown said...

That was indeed one heck of a weekend! I will never forget that!! I have been raving about it to everyone I know!! Thanks to all of us for making it happen! :)