Thursday, July 13, 2006

Yeah Right!

It is sometimes interesting to read pakistani news websites. The "news" is "reported" in a very amateurish language and sometimes the headlines will have nothing to do the news. Please don't counter-attack by saying that's how I write. If you compare a leading newspaper article with my scribbles, you got issues pal!

So try www.dawn.com. Oh wait, I will get a better link in a second.

The reason I came up on this subject is this - http://www.dawn.com/2006/07/13/top2.htm
hmm...well...hmm...ok read it again and I am sure your reaction is WTF! So I read dawn once in a while and the thing I consistently notice is this - what we term as terrorist will show up as freedom fighters in there. That's a good spin. Whatever makes them happy!

And the website - Jeezaloo! Somebody get them a freaking web developer! Don't center align the whole article. At least don't center align the whole front page of the website. WebDev 101 comments - Not Cool!! It is a damn piece of "news" item, not a classified ad for free Pizzas. And will somebody please tell them it is not cool to put a real annoying color ad between every headline. Seriously, I could eat an HTML book and throw up better crap. For the copyright police - I dont think that is my line but I don't know who to credit it to so chill.

Now I have comments about rediff but dawn needs few web developers, reporters, spell-checkers a.k.a proof-readers and a lot of unbiased approach before being mentioned in the same context of any other newspaper.

No comments: